Friday, January 14, 2011

New Year Resolutions

To say I dislike New Year Resolutions would be putting it lightly.  I don't like them because they are cliche, people NEVER stick to them (sorry if you're one of few who does), and plus...it's saying (in my mind) that oh  I can do whatever in December because come January, that goes away and I get to re create myself.  I am all for re creating, but at the same time, don't pig out on Christmas dinner in order to have more weight to lose in January.  Idk...it's so bizarre!

You could say, however, that I have several goals for this year.  I love goals.  They motivate me, and I change them often.  I started my Allergen-free diet back in October, and I'm still going strong!!! I seriously have NOT broken the rules (minus one thing of cheesecake filling).  I have added chicken back into my diet...so now I eat veggies, fruit, chicken, red meat, pork, rice, potatoes.  Yay!  My goal is to keep working some new foods in, but to stay strict with gluten, corn and dairy. 

Exercise.  So I started this biggest loser DVD this summer, but then got in a car accident and couldn't finish the challenge.  Well I started it again (because I have lots of time).  It's SO hard but SO fun and I love it!  I am a week in, and have five more to go!

Relationships.  I am continuing to focus on my friendships...trying to pour more into them to solidify them.  It's always challenging..but so fun.

Fun.  I have resolved myself to dedicate this semester to fun.  I'm super excited about that.  And while I REALLY need to be making money (I have a job...but not enough) I am also trying to allow myself to have fun before I become a completely broke grad student next year.  Oh the joys!

No comments:

Post a Comment