Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lent

Lent started a couple of weeks ago.  Or maybe last week. Or maybe 3 weeks ago.  I have no concept of time. 

Anyways.  I obviously didn't give up food (I never eat fast food, candy, or pop.  I also can't have SO many other things that it seemed unnatural).  I didn't want to give up swearing because I like swearing.  And I am already doing a Bible reading plan and and exercise plan.  So I had no clue what to do.

Then...I was at the bar with Lisa and Panda, and when we were talking I mentioned that I had resolved that I wasn't too fat or too ugly.  I was SO proud of myself!!  They were not.  So..for lent, I am working on maintaining a positive view towards my body and myself.  Meaning that I don't want to be critical towards the way I look or towards who I am for 40 days.

Point?  We are all critical beings in nature, but at the end of the day the way I look doesn't matter.  But my happiness, my contribution to the world, and how much I take advantage of life DOES matter.  I'd much rather spend time on those things than on worrying about how I look or worrying about what people think of me (Which I am doing right now, fail).  In the end, I just want to have more peace in my life, to love myself more, and to be able to accept where I'm at in life. 

1 comment:

  1. "I didn't want to give up swearing because I like swearing."

    Oh my gosh you crack me up! But I love that idea :) You are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete