Monday, January 3, 2011

Don't Worry, Be Happy!

Ok people, I read the news this morning.  (ie, I read all of the headlines on CNN and MSNBC)  Why do people read the news?  It's rather absurd!!  The best/most informational part was reading about ways to jumpstart my metabolism so I don't die from obesity and how 1/3 of infants are obese by 9 months.  Damn.  I wouldn't call the news uplifting by any means.  At least I have healthcare until I'm 25 now...no matter what!!! (as long as my father/mother does that is...thank God and thank Obama for that one children!)
You may have thought this was cute...now it's pathological.

Can I just say, too, that there is an article about "Loose "C"hristians" who believe the end of times is coming in May 2011.  What the hell are loose Christians and who the hell cares?!  Why are we SO obsessed with living in the future when we've been called to live in the present.  Check the article out.  It's also on yahoo and CNN, but here it is on MSNBC.  The subtitle of the article reads

'A lot of people might think, 'The end's coming, let's go party.' But we're commanded by God to warn people' 

I think I'd be out partying...to some extent.  Traveling, not studying.  Houseboating, not working!  When did we become so terrified of the future or the what ifs?  Maybe it's because despite countless efforts, we are still only comfortable with people who look, act and think like us.  As for me, I'll continue my adventure...an adventure of love, excitement, trial/error, and never giving up!  

Be happy, friends, be happy....

...we only have until May! lol

 

 

1 comment: