Friday, March 11, 2011

Earthquake and Tsunami Aftermath

What were you doing around midnight last night?

Personally, I was out with two of my friends having lots of fun.  I was laughing, enjoying myself, and content with life.

Those in coastal areas on the islands of Japan would not say the same.  They were hit by the 5th biggest earthquake in the history of the world, and one of that magnitude has not been recorded for over 120 years.  They suspect that 1300 people are dead, but that number will continually change as they find some and some injured won't make it.  One of the deadliest natural disasters ever.

I learned about it this morning while getting ready for work, the way so many of us probably did.  I challenge you to this:  Spend some time praying about how you can help.  Will the way you help look like donating blood? Money? Flying to Japan? Devoting time to pray for those affected by this daily?  Regardless, you can play a role in helping those so badly hurt right now.  Let's do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment