Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Splurge

I talk about my food allergies often, or at least I know I've mentioned them several times.  It's almost been a YEAR since I started...I can't believe it!!  Though I have cheated here and there occasionally (not near as much as I thought I would), rarely do I have entire days where I neglect the diet altogether.  Actually I think today is the FIRST time I have eaten whatever I wanted.

Why today? Well a few things.  Being on steroids 4x a day and 2 antibiotics 2x a day each means that your tummy gets WAY bloated.  I can't simply eat yogurt and I refuse to take more medicine.  SO..I pigged out.  Hard core.

At orientation (post to come) today, I had some turkey, a piece of cheese and chips.  I could have the turkey and chips, not the cheese.

When I got home, my mother and I (she cheated too) had Chinese food.  General Tso's Chicken...my all time favorite.  It wasn't near as good as China Gate's but it was decent.  It had rice (woot), broccoli (safe), but the breaded chicken was a no-no. 

THEN I went to work this afternoon and they wanted to treat me to dinner with their family! It was my last day for the summer, and we went to an amazing Mexican restaurant called Rojo in the Fountain Walk in Novi, MI.  It was delicious.  There, I ate corn chips, guacamole (which I actually liked.  AND can eat; shocker), a bite of cheese dip (delicious, but wanted to save the calories), enchiladas (corn, wheat, cheese, fail) and had an amazing margarita. 

I still hadn't met my 5000 calorie goal (just kidding.  not a goal and I probably had met it) so I had some ice cream, too.

Needless to say, I feel like I've gained literally 10 pounds, feel puffy and bloated, crampy and uncomfortable, and am thinking this night will be accompanied by many trips to the bathroom. 

SO worth the great food though, seriously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment