Friday, August 19, 2011

Lesson Learned

This blog post will make you both cringe and laugh.  Have fun.

So at Amanda's Bachelorette party I danced a lot a lot.  And one particular man found my dancing to be appealing enough to approach me and basically beg for my number (not sure what that says about my dancing).  At first I said no, tried to explain I wasn't from around Royal Oak, etc etc.  Then he told me that he would travel long distances for a girl like me, mentioned all kinds of quite convincing lines and I eventually gave it to him, thinking that a. he'd NEVER call (who calls people they meet in bars) and b. if he does I'll ignore.

And that I did! He texted me three days after, (at Amanda's wedding) and I ignored the messages.  Deleted them and never responded.  Then a couple days later he texted again, I didn't recognize the number so I responded asking who it was.  Then we some how got into a text-conversation that ended with him asking to go out sometime.  I cancelled (work related) on him the first time but rescheduled for last night. 

Let's just say I have learned my lesson.  I came fully prepared for all scenarios; the creep who wants my pants off, the weirdo who drinks a lot, the old boring types.  He was the later.  Seriously.  Old.  Definitely closer to my parents age than mine (30s, 40s maybe?) and he was just so boring.  We talked the whole time but he's sooo mellow it was painful.  Then he mentioned, at one point, that he hated hyper people.  I probably blushed because he has NO idea who I am. hahah.

We FINALLY left (which was sooo awkward) and I find him walking straight for me...like he just keeps walking into me.  He doesn't try and kiss me though so I assume he's hugging me, so I ended up receiving the most limp, awkward, dead man hug in my much shorter life. 

On the way home I called Lisa to report all of the awkwardness to her.  It was excrutiating really.  We decided that I need to think of a fake number to hand out.  I can't do it on the spot...my answer would be 333 7777.  And I need to come up with a couple reasons to hand out my real number (only if...x, y, z).  Lastly, I need to make sure to see the person in some sort of light because old guys can look cute in the dark when you can't tell how old they are. 

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAH I was hoping to hear how this went...
    that is so incredibly awkward and wierd. How could he have such good lines and then be so boring??

    Boston is going pretty well, we're finally almost done getting our stuff out, I think! I miss you of course though. So far everyone here is pretty welcoming and ready to be friends. There are a few other just married couples close by, and a few people in our building that we've already gotten to hang out with. Nicholas is currently unpacking his stuff because he takes a long time and I have nothing left to unpack until he does:) Being married is great, moving isn't necessarily. hahah. LOVE YOU! and hopefully you'll find a young guy thats nice and not boring and lives close by that you didn't meet in a bar, probably. hahah kidding. mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. SO glad you enjoyed this. It was so awkward. He has asked me out again twice, but I was busy once and am sick now so hopefully two no's=no more asking? It was soo sad that he was boring. Seriously. The best was when he said he hated hyper people...why the F did he approach me at the bar then?!

    Glad boston is going well. Be careful..there's a hurricane coming for you. Glad there are young married couples around too, maybe you'll be able to chat with the ladies about how slow guys are at unpacking :P I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a winner for my future!! We'll see!!! hahahah LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete