Sunday, August 21, 2011

Internship Drama

As part of my MSW program, I have to have an internship for an insane amount of hours per year.  It comes down to 16/week...but when you are also working and taking 5 classes a week...life seems daunting. 

I'm not worried about the time commitment of the internship, but I did not have one locked in place until about a week ago.  Because of that, I'm running around like crazy getting background checks, TB tests, and thousands of other documents put together.  I'm not getting paid for the position, yet I'm doing more to lock this position in place than I did to get into Grad School (no joke).  It's absurd.

Off to fill out more paperwork...

p.s. since when did organizations make people pay for their own background checks?  And when have you ever needed THREE written recommendations for a VOLUNTEER position? WTF.

No comments:

Post a Comment