Saturday, August 27, 2011

My Pneumonia and Me

So I mentioned a few days ago that I was sick...and not feeling too hot.  Well I'm pretty sick.  And still not feeling too hot.

I went to the doctor a couple days ago, my pulse-ox was only 91, I had a really low peak flow and couldn't stop coughing.  They said it was bronchitis, put me on Zpak and prednisone and let me on my way.

Well a few days later I start to get worried because I'm getting worse, not better, and after talking to my asthma doctor (who scolded me and told me to go to an ER right away), I did end up going to an ER.  Which is in Brighton, where I was in a room, had tests done, and had seen my doctor within 20 minutes. 

not mine...but what the xrays look like. 

They did some x-rays, gave me IV steroids and antibiotics.  They also did lots of blood work and I had 2 breathing treatments.  I was going to sleep there, because that was what was recommended...but being there was just as miserable as being at home and they don't really let you sleep.  So I went home. 

Today, my x-ray was evaluated by a radiology tech.  I have pneumonia.  For the record, in my 22nd years of life, I have had pnuemonia 3 times now.  So when your children are offered the vaccine, stop being dumb and thinking they're linked to asbergers and autism (they aren't) and give them the vaccine.

Now, I'm at home with vick's vapor rub on my chest, drinking water and juice and mountain dew (caffeine helps asthma), watching TV and lying in bed trying not to move (lots of pain from the fluid in my lungs).  No one is home so it's oober boring.  I'm on 4 prescriptions and also have meds to help with my fever, cough and asthma.

Now it's a waiting game.  If I'm not better by Monday, it's back to the ER for me.  Why isn't there a quick fix to this?

I know I get sick often, but usually it's allergy related.  This is AWFUL.  Way worse than the Swine of 09, people. WAY WAY worse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment