Saturday, August 6, 2011

Motivation

Help a sista out.

I hate working out.  Like fo reals.  I like it sometimes...for example, I love swimming so getting ready to swim isn't as hard as getting ready to run or do any other activities.  I have so many free opportunities to work out though.  During the school year U of M has 3 gyms I can use for free and all of the time, the gym at Oak Pointe is available to me (parents are members).  It sucks that I am not motivated because I should be.

But what motivates other people?  I fit in my clothes and I'm definitely not in a gaining weight pattern.  No one has told me I need to work out recently.  I have no registrations for races coming up.  Summer/Bikini season is almost over anyways.  I don't have a guy I need to impress (how sad is that this is on the list of reasons that could potentially motivate me).

she's fit. jealous..no. why am i not jealous!!
Truth be told...I DO NEED TO WORKOUT.  I may not be overweight at all, but I am definitely not in shape.  My muscle tone is gone and I just look kinda flabby.  I miss being muscular and strong, and it would be nice to actually be in shape.  My goal is not to lose weight, but to be more fit and healthy.  But it takes so much to get me out the door (or in my basement, since there is basically a full gym in my house too). 

What motivates you? How do you get to the gym?

No comments:

Post a Comment