Friday, August 26, 2011

Six Hours 'til Go

It is currently 12:21 on Thursday night (technically Friday morning but that's dumb because I haven't gone to sleep yet).

Well I officially have bronchitis.  In the dead of summer. What.The.Hell.  During the day I don't feel too bad, still coughing but it's a dry cough and not too ache-y or wheeze-y.  Night time is another story.
The Problem...

Night Time: Wheezing, difficulty getting a full breath, very light headed, CRAZY low peak flows (for you asthma illiterates, a peak flow measures lung function by blowing in to it.  It gives you a read out that lets you know how your lungs are doin.  My personal best is around 400.  My normal day is around 375.  I just took it and it was 225.  For those literate in asthma, you know how uncomfortable that is), and a wicked chest/productive cough that cough medicine, inhalers and cough drops don't even touch.

So what's a girl to do in this dilemma...the dilemma of being crazy busy yet being exhausted from being sick?  Tomorrow I have a PET scan at 7am (hence the 6 hours), a dr's appointment at 12:15, am working at 1 and my day will be done around 8:30.  I can't sleep of course because I'm uncomfortable and miserably coughing with every intake of oxygen.  So, alas, I'm facebooking and watching the Tonight Show hoping Jay Leno does headlines. 

Too bad I'm not this cute when I'm sick...
Thank you to the wonderful Yeha (she's a blogger, too...just on hiatus) for making me smile, at least, tonight!!!  She brought back to life a post she had put on my wall the Summer of 08 (a rough but learning roller coaster ride in Jackie History) about her beginning at U of M.  She was dreading North Campus...and look at where she is now!!  God has used her gifts tremendously.  And as selfish as this sounds, if she was placed on NC just for me, it would not have been a waste...seriously. 

Off to cough, TV watch, and drink fluids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment