Monday, October 24, 2011

Where are YOU?

Motivation.  I have none of it.  Where did it go???

Halfway through the semester, and I am suddenly motivation-less.  I had been doing so great with motivation; homework filled Saturday and Sundays.  And week days filled with classes, interning, and work.  I had no Saturday or Sunday plans because I knew how much homework I needed to do.  But instead of doing homework, I've worked out, slept, ate, and have hung out with friends.  All great things, but in the scheme of things, I should be doing homework!!!

And where did this sudden desire to work out come from?  I never have a desire to work out.  It is usually just one of those things I know I should do, even though I hate doing it.  But lately, I miss it LOTS when I miss a day.  What's with that? So strange.  It's like I can only be motivated for school or working out.  Never both at the same time.  WTF.  Doesn't my body know how desperate I am for smooth sailing?  I just want school work to keep getting accomplished and I want to be healthy and fit.  Too much to ask for apparently. 

Look how cute these great little work out people are.  I hope I look like I am having that much fun when I work out.  Although I definitely find the smiley working outers completely obnoxious.  There is a lady at the gym who sings and dances along to her iPod while she works out.  It's just so awkward and unusually weird.  I don't want to be her because most people act afraid of her.  But I do often envy the women who can be sexy while working out.  How is it possible? I have NO idea.  But they make their sweat work for them, that's for sure. 



#24: A gym where I can go whenever I want and get a great work out.  Grateful for opportunities to be heatlhy.
#25: Guilt free foods.  I love eating, but there is nothing worse than the feeling of guilt after enjoying a meal.  Guilt free food like fruit, vegetables, and healthy meals are so much more satisfying.
#26: So grateful for the experience of grad school.  It is challenging and difficult but is showing me just how I am meant to work for justice in this world.  I am learning about my strengths, weaknesses, gifting, and passions.  It is a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment