Friday, October 7, 2011

So grateful

Number 7: Beautiful sunset Monday night and beautiful sunrise Wednesday morning. God created art in the sky. Appreciate it. A friend and I discussed the need to stop and smell the roses! Number 8: tears. I got home from a thirteen hour day to a bill AAA should have paid months ago. Quickly, I found myself arguing with my dad though obviously we agree that AAA is dumb. That lead to tears. Which led to me needing a hug. And needing sleep. Thankful for dads, tears, And moments of needing my parents. Number 9: making more friends in the SSW. It has been hard, really because I only see people twice a week. But it is getting easier and more comfortable.  Number 10: thankful for this exercise. I am so blessed and need to remember that. Number 11: GSI position!!! I applied for several GSI positions for this semester, and was an alternate for two courses. As luck will have it, one of those classes has a GSI graduating so I am in! Full tuition, a Huge (to me) stipend, and a great chance to develop references from my department. The class I'll be teaching is women's health, or WS 220 which happens to be one of my favorite undergraduate courses. It will be quite an undertaking; a two hour lecture and 3 discussions per week, but the payout is enormous. I am so excited to have this opportunity and am again reminded of how blessed I truly am. #blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment