Monday, October 17, 2011

Room Chaos

NOT THAT BAD!!!
My sister was home this weekend, and one of the first things she said upon entering my room was that it was utter chaos! And even though I feel like it is fine and relatively neat, she was completely correct.

I have stacks upon stacks of books, dirty clothes, clean clothes, plants that need watered, shoes that don't fit in my closet, and little things laying all over the place.  It is SO hard to manage my room at the moment because it seems like I have no down time.  Time spent cleaning my room is time that could have been spent on homework, exercising, or blogging.  DUH.  Just kidding.  Not really.

Since it is fall break, I decided to give my room some TLC.  I spent an hour tonight picking up trash, going through stacks of paper and deciding what to toss and what to file (ie what folder for school it goes into.  I don't file.  My father wishes I did.  I don't save receipts, dad.  I NEVER WILL...I just got blacklisted, fyi).  I also switched my clothes around....

maybe one day?
For those of you that don't know, I was blessed with an amazing closet last year.  It had TONS of folding space, shoe space, dirty clothes space and storage space.  I don't hang much, but it had some room for hanging, too.

Since I moved home, closet space has been an issue.  I bought two under-the-bed storage containers, that held all of my bulky sweaters up until today.  I went through and took out all of my summer-only clothes and put in all of my bulky, wonderfully warm sweaters.  It was both sad and Christmas-like!!  I had forgotten about how many wonderful sweaters I own and now I am so excited to wear them all! But not starting tomorrow, because tomorrow I'm wearing a shirt my sister got me for my birthday.  It is super cute.  Yes I lay out my clothes the day before.  If I don't, I'd show up to work in pj's, friends.  No joke.  It has happened.

#18: Thankful for CLOTHES.  I take them for granted, complain about having too many, and not enough at the same time.  They keep me confident, warm, and safe.  THANK YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment