Thursday, October 6, 2011

Missed Opportunity

Guess what I just found out?  Well, I kinda new this already..but not the little details...

So everyone knows I've nannied for several families over the past 4-5 years, and have been babysitting since I was 10.  For real.  It has been a guaranteed source of income for me because there are ALWAYS families looking for babysitters or nannies...and it has been an awesome job while being in college because of the flexibility. 

International nannying has always been something I've concerned, but have never really looked in to.  There's a lot of paperwork, and at times lots of logistics to figure out the payment/rent ratio.  I was always interested in making more money rather than making less money in exchange for free rent because of the difficult task of making time off, time off. 

SO TRUE
I was reading some websites recently and found out that people were making anywhere from $30-60K a year nannying overseas.  The range is because number of hours and location vary for each person, obviously.  That is a lot a lot of money.  And taking just a year off between undergrad and grad school would have paid for my graduate career.  Easily.  So why did I not do this?!?!

Before putting in your deposit for grad school, make sure you are completely educated on how much it will really cost you.  I am working so hard to make sure I do not end up with copious amounts of debt in the form of student loans...I don't want to be 40 and still paying school off...

Even though I didn't choose to go overseas to work, I will make the best of my opportunities here to keep the amount I pay out of pocket up and the amount I borrow low!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment