Monday, March 14, 2011

Rick Snyder

People, this is him.  This is the man who will be congratulating me on my four HARD years spent at U of M.  Rick Snyder.  One of the most controversial men on campus right now.  A man who's budget for Michigan is both radical, honest and devastating.  The issue is that Michigan has NO money, and we have been living outside of our means for quite some time...and he is working pretty hard to get us back within our means, and applaudable cause.  Problem: he is taking LOTS of money from education; money from grants for college, money from the K-12 public school system, and money from higher education institutions.  Problem: U of M is one of them.



Facebook is blowing up with people pissed off that he is going to be there, people talking about boycotting the event and I can guarantee you that there will be protests outside of the stadium (I might be in the picket lines).  It's not that I don't like him, actually.  I know, shocking, he's a Republican, but I just really don't appreciate the fact that so many people will no longer have the chance to go to U of M because of his budget cuts.  I am confused as to why such a liberal minded University chose him, but we'll see.  At the end of the day, just give me champagne and let me celebrate my hard work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment