Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ouch, yo

I have migraines.  Why?  I was in a car accident when I was 16 where I suffered a very bad concussion/TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury).  Actually, AAA is trying to convince me that I have headaches because of lots of other reasons.  Well, they're wrong, my doctors and I are right (I have strange appreciation and respect/care for my doctors, people).  Anyways, migraines.

Well, they have never been controlled well.  I've tried dozens (literally) of medications, but they only work enough to make my headaches "manageable".  Managing with this much pain though friends, well it can make you crazy and tense and unpleasant.  Maybe that's why I am a democrat?  Just kidding.  :) :) I love democrats!

So sad.
Today, I had a lovely procedure where they put a unsightly large needle in the side of my neck, directly between two vertebrae, to numb three nerves.  I have to do this again in 2 weeks, and then we will decide if we're going to burn those nerves or not.  NO FUN.  It was crazy painful.  I was seeing stars.  And it is still sensitive and uncomfortable. 


Some information about nerve blocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment