Monday, March 7, 2011

Emotional Breakdown

I'm back!  Meaning I'm back from Costa Rica for Spring Break and I'm back to blogging :)

My 6 SB buddies and I got back to Ann Arbor yesterday after stopping at Nathan's house to sleep for a few hours Saturday night-ish.  We traveled for 25 hours on Saturday.  I was awake for at least 23 of them.  Yikes. 

I loved Spring Break, friends, and I will be filling you in on my happenings in that beautiful country soon enough!

Yesterday was also my mother's birthday!  I of course won't reveal her age, but she is actually really young :)  I love her lots and was able to go to coffee with her and my padre for a little over an hour to fill them in on my trip and wish her a happy existence day. 

So...blog title time.  When talking to my parents, I realized that I wasn't just getting back from a vacation...but I was stepping back into all of the stressors that I left behind just 8 days earlier.  Grad school, student loans, medical bills, finding a subletter, lots of readings, applications for various things, and the list goes on.  Plus, in Costa Rica, I didn't have to be anyone but myself...no body told me what to do and no one had expectations on my behavior.  In Ann Arbor, that isn't exactly true...I have to fit back into my mold, so to speak.  It was all very overwhelming and I burst into tears while talking to some of my lovely friends and hearing about their breaks. 

Praying for clarity in the big stressor areas, and wisdom and guidance.  It's reassuring to know that I can't stop the days from coming, meaning everything will come and pass. 

What are you stressed about?  Did you go on Spring Break?

No comments:

Post a Comment