Sunday, September 25, 2011

Lions, Tigers, Wolverines and Buckeyes

Despite my lack of athletic ability, I really like sports.  Even though no one would ever want me to play on their football, baseball or any other team, I have a decent knowledge base of sport info.  I can explain the game of football to someone with relative ease, and even though I don't really understand baseball...I can act like I do with effortless grace. 

This weekend, amongst my hours of homework and babysitting, I have watched a tigers game, lions game, michigan game and a buckeye game.  And it's all been great.  The wolverines won, the buckeyes won and the tigers are currently winning and the lions have come back from 0-20 to make the score 23-20 with only a few minutes left in the 4th quarter.  And even though I think pro sports are weird because it is a bunch of old men running around, it is so exciting to see the Lions actually as a successful sports team! They're 2 and 0 and are hopefully going to make it 3 and 0 within a few minutes.  Of course if not, that'll be all sorts of typical and sad. 

Why am I writing about sports?  Because it is an amazing way to connect with people.  Whether I'm connecting with my baby brother, the kids I babysit, or friends...it is always fun and always a good excuse to have a beer. 

Now I need to get back to homework, work, and watching the Lions.  Did I mention I love multitasking?

No comments:

Post a Comment