Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Birthday

Hello Blogosphere! How crazy is it that it is already Wednesday evening?  I am exhausted, excited about school, and dreading the fact that tomorrow begins my four days of homework (Have I mentioned that EVERY day is planned perfectly to fit field, classes, work, work, and homework) (ps, sleeping doesn't always fit in).  It feels like it has been forever since it was the weekend, yet at the same time yesterday and today are such a blur!

So this friday marks the end of my 22nd year of life.  Meaning, I turn 22!  (weird, huh?)  It's not a super special birthday.  Seems that after 21 they aren't too exciting.  I have NO plans for my birthday.  And let me just say that I am not someone who has a good track record with birthdays; things like swine flu and car accidents have interfered with past birthdays.  And because my birthday is right after school starts, it has meant in the past that it's kind of awkward to ask brand new friends to hang out to celebrate my birthday...when I have yet to hang out with these people outside of the school setting.  AND a lot of my friends have either moved away or are in weird transition phases, so I simply did not plan anything.  And though I feel lots of things in response to that, I know that it doesn't mean I am any less loved or appreciated by my friends :)

It's just a weird birthday.  I'm not living on campus so going to the bars is more difficult unless there was some where to sleep afterwards, and that isn't always convenient for anyone.  I had thought about emailing people to go to the hot tub gardens, but feel like lots of people are trying not to spend money at the time (including me).  So instead, it will just be a quiet day of HR meetings, homework, and maybe a dinner out with the padres. 

I'll be sure to report back about how the day actually goes... I'm a bit worried.  I also think of great things to do well in advance, things that would make the day/wknd super exciting and elaborate but generally feel uncomfortable planning my birthday activities (please spend your money to celebrate me).  But it can't be worse than swine flu of 09 birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment