Wednesday, June 1, 2011

TV Shows...They're Addicting

I really like watching TV.  It's incredibly relaxing and makes it so easy to escape my dramatic life happenings as I enter the drama of fake people on the TV screen.  I am a die hard Grey's Anatomy fan..I love Brother's and Sisters, Army Wives, and countless other shows.  I don't watch them all when they're on...I watch them on TIVO so I get to watch them when I can't sleep, need a break...or whenever I want.

I recently started watching Friday Night Lights from the beginning of the series...It's incredible...don't know why I didn't watch it all along.  I HIGHLY recommend it :)

I try to limit how much TV I watch a day because it adds up quickly...especially if I watch Ellen and the Today show in the morning.  I could be doing a lot more active things than sitting around and watching TV...but there is definitely a place/need for TV.  Sometimes certain characters in certain shows speak into my life in a way that a friend or family member couldn't.  I like TV, but it is important for everyone to be responsible with it...Just like we all need to be cautious about our time on the internet or on video games for those who play them.  Media is fabulous, but always in moderation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment