Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Summer To-Do List

Oh heyy, warm weather! You are MOST definitely welcome!! 

I am thoroughly enjoying being a college grad, working oh so infrequently for the next few weeks and spending time outside with the puppy.  Though summer is by far my most favorite time of the year...this summer also requires lots of to-dos.

While sorting out my mess of an insurance disaster with AAA, I am realizing just how much I want it to be settled.  I want it to be over and to be debt free (which I won't be for oh so many years to come).  Between the AAA money mess and the nerve-wracking ordeal that accompanies student loan shopping...money is definitely on my mind. 

Lucky for me, I will start working more regularly soon and plan on stocking at least 70% of what I make this summer away.  My goal is that after graduating with a master's, I will be in debt but not broke...meaning that I'll graduate in 2 years with at least $7500 in the bank.  Obviously that will be nickels compared to my debt...but I want to have a baby fund in case it takes me a few months to find a job/moving costs/etc.  I was awarded a work study job for $3000 a semester, and plan on making at least that amount each semester, and I am hoping to get an internship between years...if all works out, I should make my goal, no problem...as long as there are no unforeseen disasters, of course.

Between money and planning my social work program out, I feel busy...but I'm not busy at all because I really haven't made any decisions.  I keep checking the Summer Checklist for MSW students, but only today did I finally get to check some things off of it!  I'm stalling...at the AAA case, preparing for next year, finding loans, finding a credit card and the list goes on and on and on!  I think I'm trying to enjoy resting...which I have been able to rest lots...which has been great, btw.  So for now I'll keep pondering my to-do's, whilst not really doing them at all!


No comments:

Post a Comment