Sunday, June 12, 2011

Allergies Suck

Not only have I been graciously blessed with a wide variety of food allergies..but I have LONG suffered from seasonal and year round allergies.  In fact, when I re-did my allergy testing last fall, (scratch test) I was allergic to EVERY SINGLE THING they tested me for.  Things like ragweed, mold, flowers, grass, trees, dust and dustmites, dogs, cats, etc etc etc.  You may realize, of course, that it is impossible to avoid all of these things.

This spring/summer has been an exceptionally rough allergy season.  So much rain and such drastic heat and cold has lead up to crazy high pollen levels and unfortunate allergy attacks.  I've also been hanging out with Scarlett lots, and I've been working in a house that has two cats.  Basically, I'm dying.



Every day it seems like I'm taking sudaffed and benadryl.  I wake up in the night with a runny nose or a stuffy nose or both. It's annoying.

All in all...I may LOVE summer but I really look forward to the allergy relief that winter brings.  I want allergy shots.

This is what the scratch test looks like...but i was allergic to EVERYTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment