Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Birthday Fizzle

I have a sister.  Her name is Brittany and it is her birthday.  June 22...the second official day of summer!  This past weekend we celebrated her birthday while on the houseboatizzle. (in the izzle mood).  Though we celebrated with gifts we were forbidden to celebrate with decorations, a party, or cake/ice cream.  Why you may ask?  My hermana is hung up on birthdays.  Not *just* about the age...peeps she's only 25...but mostly about the expectations she has yet to live up to; the milestones she thought she would have reached by now but hasn't.

I don't get it.  I don't really have expectations for myself..and even when I do I don't really think about it.  Yeah I wanna save money, I wanna get good grades, find a great job, find a great husband, etc etc.  But there isn't a due date on these things and if I fail...well the sun still comes up tomorrow.

Is this a birth order thing? Or maybe just a personality thing.  All I know is I wish only HAPPINESS for my beautiful sister.  I love her lots...and look up to her in so many ways!

Happy Birthday Brittany! 

No comments:

Post a Comment