Monday, April 4, 2011

Grateful

A few weeks ago, a friend was harping on me about my "please" and "thank you's".  It was funny because before this I would have told you that I was good at being polite/grateful for people around me.  Since then, I have become hyper aware of the fact that everything deserves a please and everything deserves a thank you.  And oh, by the way, everything also deserves a smile!

I have a lot to be grateful for.  Sometimes I can become discouraged because of how much pain I am in daily or because of the stress I feel, but when it comes down to it, I am an extremely blessed person, and I am so grateful for my fortunes and so grateful for my trials.  I enjoy who I am today, and don't believe I would be the same if it weren't for all of the various factors in my life.

So, next time you want a favor, say please.  Next time some one is polite or does something for you, say thank you.  Manners.  I think we learned them in Kindergarten? 

No comments:

Post a Comment