Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Little or Plenty

I have realized of late that people talk of things in terms of their lives being full of things or void of things....
   
               I have NO money, but SO much to pay for...
                  I have SO much to be grateful for but SO few people to enjoy life with....
                       I have NO goals, but I have SO many desires....

What has shaped our culture in to thinking of things in terms or a lot and a little? 

It bugs me.  Lots.  Because though I could vent to you (guilty) of things I don't have enough of, isn't that complaining, or the absence of gratitude?

#109: Feeling blessed, thankful, and joyful.
#110: Seeing friends that I love and haven't seen often enough. 
#111: Safety.  Driving all day in rain, sleet, snow, ice and wind has made me grateful for my safe arrival home.
#112: The chance to disagree.  The freedom, rather, to disagree.
#113: Teaching.  It has brought countless challenges, numerous trials, and plenty of headaches...but I love the challenge, the discussions, and the insight some of my students have.
#114: Smiles.  Smiling myself and seeing smiles on the faces around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment