Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weekend Reunion

When people ask me where I am from, I have a pretty difficult time responding.  Though I was born in Ohio, I lived there for less than 2 years.  Though I live in Michigan now, it really doesn't feel like "home".  Though Kentucky is the place I feel most at home...I've never lived there. 

My childhood memories all come from one place though...Connersville, IN.  We lived there for about 8 years, and loved it so much.  It's a TINY town where everyone knows everyone and kids are allowed to play in the streets.  While we were there, my mom had my sister and I in a playgroup with several other families.  They shared babysitting coupons (best idea ever...free babysitting in a large group...always a sitter!) and we went to the pool together and many of us took swim and dance together. 

Close in the 90s, I hadn't seen these ladies in over a decade!  We met in Indianapolis this weekend and had the best time ever.  We went to dinner after giggling and drinking wine in the hotel, and went to Howl at the Moon and the Wild Beaver after dinner.  It was such great fun and am looking forward to next years get together!!!









 Dinner at Buca di Beppo.  It was quite the experience.  From leaving with swamp butt, and having cranky waitresses afraid of hot plates... it was an interesting experience for sure. 
 Some of the hottt mamas.







No comments:

Post a Comment