Monday, May 16, 2011

Sick Sick and still Sick

You guessed it; I was sick this weekend.  It started Thursday morning.  I woke up...my stomach hurt, I was nauseous and then yep, I puked.  By 8 pm that night I had puked 17 times.  Water, ice cubes, food....everything I consumed in efforts of keeping me nourished came back up.  By that night I felt completely dazed, out of it and more dehydrated and in more pain than when it all started. 

I was up ALL night Thursday night puking.  It was awful.  Amanda made me go to the ER Friday morning...which thank God because I was severely dehydrated.  My blood pressure and heart rate were skyrocketed when I got to the hospital (no electrolytes=hearts have problems) and I realized I hadn't peed since Wednesday.  My kidney's were angry and my stomach was still horribly upset.  When they tried to take blood they couldn't get as much as they wanted because of how thick the blood was...it looked like mollasses.  grossss. 

They pumped 3 massive bags of saline into me (which made me pee...20 cc's.  The dr was all panicky) and they gave me anti-nausea medicine.  I decided to go home because even though I still felt like shit, I could take the anti-nausea meds at home and that is what has gotten me to today!  I am still taking those stupid pills every 4ish hours because if I don't i get crazy nauseous.  No fun. 

I missed the hoedown, made my mom have to skip out on going to the houseboat, and have been couped up for 5 days.  Blechh. Thank God I have those prized little pills.  (I bet that's what men say about their ED pills).

No comments:

Post a Comment