Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Houseboat Smell

Ever noticed how every place or person has a distinct smell?  My family is great at smelling.  Literally, we have some great noses in the bunch.  I, personally, have a pretty high functioning nose, if I do say so my self.  Every time I change environments I feel like my nose has to adjust to the shift in smells, and it is incredibly frustrating (though it really shouldn't be).

For the holiday, we went to Chillicothe, Ohio; what my mom and dad call home and where my siblings and I rarely know half the people we're supposedly related to.  I do enjoy visiting with family, and this time was no different.  Chillicothe, however, is full of smells.  The Mead (think mead paper, binders, notebooks, etc) has a plant in the town that produces so much pollution you can't see through the air...and it smells like actual poop, but more gross.  That's just one smell.

 My mom's parents have a farm in the country: horse smells, dust smells, nan-cooking smells, dog smells, wood fire smells, saddle smells... I could go on forever.  This house was so fun to go to as a kid because there are so many things to do there...but man oh man is it a playground for your olfactory system. 

I have a blanket that reminds me of my Aunt's perfume, my coat smells like farm and I'm grateful to be out of a car that smelled of stinky boy (among other things!).   We had a great time in Ohio, even though we weren't able to see everyone.  Such a great family :)


I am SO grateful to have been welcomed by houseboat smell this cool December evening!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment