Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Gifts

#246: Sunshine! So much sunshine lately has been such a welcomed surprise!!  I love getting in hot cars, walking outside and feeling the warm air, and being able to sit in the warm sun.  It's finally warm enough to sit outside at night without freezing, too, which at the boat is one of my favorite things to do.
#247: Opportunities to feel grateful, positive, blessed, optimistic, hopeful.
#248: Sunsets on really clear days when the sky looks like it is a blank canvas waiting for the sun to paint an incredible goodnight drawing to all of us. 
#249: Welcome home excitement from Scarlet after being gone for five days. 
#250: Hugs from the boys after not seeing them for a week.  Their silly crazy excitement in the morning is contagious, silly, and uplifting.  When I asked them why they were so excited, Dominick said he was celebrating like he was having a party. Pierce said he just loved me so much.  Too cute for words.

Life throws us all kinds of curve balls, but we can't stop in our tracks.  I contemplated giving up on my #1000gifts because it is taking me FOREVER,  but I am 1/4 of the way there and I think that it will be a good thing to have while wanting to focus on lots of negatives. Plus, I hate giving up on things.  So, if I hit dry spells, you'll just have to help me find things to be grateful for, or memories to view as "gifts".  

No comments:

Post a Comment