Saturday, February 18, 2012

Happy 200!

Welcome to my 200th post, world!

#165: making it to 200 is impressive because I don't like sticking with things.
#166: hot tea for a sore throat.
#167: puppy cuddles on a sick day
#168: the opportunity and freedom to say "i love you" whenever i want.
#169: giggling is appropriate, cherished, allowed, and revered in my country.
#170: summer clothes shopping has now been made possible since our clothing stores like to start seasons WAY in advance

We have discussed politics, religion, love, death, gratitude, and yes, even underwear.  You have learned about my joys and my sorrows, my friends and my family.  But really, all of us are still pretty unsure about what this blog's purpose really is. 

Mostly, it serves as on outlet for my political, feminist, and liberal ideas.  Not only that, but it allows me to discuss current events, be radical, or just be personal and fluffy (ie, underwear).  I share my life with the goal of impacting anothers'.

I have readers all around the world, and what I love about that is when they contact me...which is oh so seldom, I might add.  Honestly, I used to think that my international readers were simply computers or creepy silly robots.  And maybe some of them are.  But others are women (and men) who somehow (I don't know how) came across my blog full of rants.

One woman emailed me and thanked her for offering a woman's perspective on violence.  She said that where she is from violence is expected for women.  It is never talked about, and never a crime.  She said she dreams of a life where those who hurt her friends (and her) can be punished for what they do....let's dream of that with her.

I tell you this story mostly because I need to think of my rants and raves as serving a purpose.  I may talk about underwear some days, and the Kardashians on others.  But what truly matters is that a single life, even if only one, has been touched by something on this silly blog.

The personal is political.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment