Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Parking Tickets

I think I live in the Parking Ticket Capital.  Last semester, I was averaging 2 parking tickets a week (which by the way, means that some weeks there were four and some weeks there were none).  This semester has been much better in that regard because I have been parking in the structure on my long days, and hopefully my other days are in the evening (holla to the gods making street parking free after 6!). 

What drives me crazy about Parking Tickets:
-- If I paid them within 48 hours, they'd be cheaper than the structure.
--When you park in free areas, but for longer than you're supposed to, the tickets are MORE expensive than if I didn't pay the meter. WTF.
--They charge a ridiculous convenience fee for paying online.  DumDums.
--I always seem to get tickets RIGHT before I get to my car.  My last one was written 4 minutes exactly before I got to my car.  Ridiculousness.


Anyways.  I am still grateful for some things..
#182: A car that gets me everywhere I need to go (ie school, work, my boyy, my friends, my vacations, etc).
#183: The ability to enjoy the city of Ann Arbor, parking tickets and all.
#184: The false sense of security that cops provide.  Even if it is false, I have never felt unsafe in Ann Arbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment